20 July 2012

White Jeans for an English Summer








Photos by Pete Navey

Shoes Christian Louboutin, Jeans MiH, Shirt and Feather Gilet Zara, Hat ASOS and Bag Louis Vuitton.

In the summer in London when the weather is letting me down I have to think of new and clever ways to feel summerly without being cold.  One of the tricks I use (to fool myself into thinking its summer) is to wear lots of pale clothing.  Although an all white outfit can seem a bit much, adding a few little touches of pale pinks or tans can help to bring you out of the cheesy-romcom-gospel-choir look and into the city slicker summer one.  
I love this bag, although it is really too small to get anything in, it belonged to my mother before me and is so worn and loved it feels special every time I wear it (even if I only get keys and a credit card inside!).
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend of glorious weather - but if not this is a great way to trick yourself into thinking you did!
  

18 comments:

  1. You look adorable ! Love your shoes !!!

    http://cuteredbow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your summer whites! there really is nothing like neutrals with a pop of leopard print. and speaking of those are some gorgeous espadrilles!

    abigail
    www.farandwildjewelry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I absolutely love the pop of pale pink in your outfit! I also love your CL wedges!

    Michelle
    www.michelleesque.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic heels!

    Bises,
    monkeyshines
    http://monkeyshines-monkeyshines.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, you look gorgeous. Love how you tied the shoe straps around your jeans... I would never have thought to do that, but it looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely agree...the vest adds a wonderful touch to a summer look in London!

    Victoria

    linen-lace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this, especially feathers in July, I'm wearing a feathery gilet in my post too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool look, but don't you think this Zara Fluffy gives a bit of overload?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look great in white clothes and it's a cool idea to bind the bands over the jeans!

    Daria from www.cinnamon-star.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gentle eyes, beautiful look, I like your sense of style!! Hello from Russia.
    Annushka.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cool outfit.love your blog by the way

    From Marrakech with love

    x

    http://hanout.ma/blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. I.m falling in love whit your outfit!!!..I love your shoes!

    xoxo

    follow me on http://monmannequin-flami.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such beautiful pictures of you. You always take beautiful pictures but these are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This outfit is so gorgeous. I adore your vest!
    xo
    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey,
    I just hopped over to your site via Stumbleupon. Not somthing I would normally read, but I liked your thoughts none the less. Thanks for making something worth reading.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your vest is awesome. I should make that as part of my fall collection. I love your shoes too! Great choices you got there!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How did you just make a slouchy beanie look feminine? So in love!
    thegrayage.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.