14 December 2011

Falafel






I love Falafel. 
I think it is the yummiest vegetarian thing you can eat. 
Hot, herby and fried.
This recipe is based on one I found on FoodGawker from a blog called Just a Taste... HERE!
I adapted it, inspired by the wonderful and yet unbeaten Falafel King, based on Portobello Road (amongst other places). 

I used a bit more herbs, as you can tell from the colour of the mix, and I used a mini ice-cream scoop to shape the mix, however a melon baller would work just as well, the key it to make sure they are tightly packed otherwise the air pockets will open in the fryer making a big mess. 
I also made a salad to go in the warm pitta. 
I love the salad they stuff in at Falafel King, so I made my own version... using flat leaf parsley, tomatoes, cucumber with some white balsamic vinegar, nut oil, sugar and lots of salt and pepper. 

This works just as well as a canape with the sauce as a dip.  So make some this festive season!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks so good

    http://iartfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not even a vegetarian but these are just so delicious! I had them in Barcelona this summer and fell in love!
    xxx

    www.inordinatelyplush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love falafel and piling on the toppings at the fillings bar..I love adding grilled eggplant if I can too :)

    -b

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love falafel but I've never been able to make a dip or sauce that goes particularly well with them. The fact that I try to avoid dairy makes it even harder to get right....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recognise those bowls, I wonder why?
    The Godfather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becky - Great idea!

    Duck - Hum, you know you cant go wrong with some good hummus or green chilli pepper sauce.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.