22 March 2011

The Alternative Sunday Roast


Sometimes we are on diets - those hateful things -, sometimes are friends are, sometimes we are feeling heavy, sometimes we just dont want a full Roast on a sunday. Whatever the reason, this is my suggestion for an alternative - not in the hemp way, so stop laughing - sunday lunch. 

Pea and Ham Soup with Mint oil



Find the Recipe for the Soup HERE!
I didn't sieve mine because I like chunky soup. 
I also used fresh raw Peas to sprinkle on the top.


Garlic Roast Chicken Salad. 
Watercress, Rocket, Romaine lettuce, Tomatoes, Avocado, with a Sour-cream, Onion and Chive dressing.




Baked Plums with Cinnamon Sugar and Creme Fraiche.


Find the Plum Recipe HERE!
I added some Muscat before baking to give the plums a richer flavour and more moisture. I also cooked them at a lower heat for longer.



3 comments:

  1. you put me to shame, I get overexcited when I manage a good salad dressing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaaaa... whatever I know you can cook missy! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was also a messed doing my salad dressing. However, everyone loves the veggie salad and the pie dessert I made.

    beccles suffolk

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.